(*) Depending on the health situation related to COVID-19, CCA 2021 will be held in a hybrid form including remote and physical presentation opportunities
Types of Contribution
Submissions must be made electronically using the IFAC PaperPlaza Conference Manuscript Management System on https://ifac.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl
Please visit www.ifac.papercept.net/conferences/manuals/authorgetstarted.pdf for help with paper submission on PaperPlaza.
All submissions must be written in English and prepared according to the IFAC Format. Full and industrial contributions must be submitted in PDF format that complies with these requirements. You can test the compliance of your PDF prior to submission.
IFAC Activity Fund Sponsorship
We are pleased to announce that the IFAC Activity Fund has contributed funds to assist academics and students to travel to the conference and for living expenses. Three sponsorships for €900 each for university staff and three for €750 each for full-time students will be awarded. The successful applicants will have their conference registration fees waived.
Sponsorships can be applied for at the time of paper submission
The International Program Committee will award the sponsorships based on reviews received and the recommendations of the associate editors. Applicants will be informed of the IPC decision when reviews are sent out.
An application form for the sponsorship can be downloaded here:
SACAC CCA2021 Author Sponsorship
To enable employees and students of SACAC’s industrial or institutional members to participate in this international event, sponsorship money is made available to send eight SACAC member to the congress. The sponsorship is awarded on a competition basis.
The available sponsorships are:
- Two for industrial or institutional members, less than 100 km from Muldersdrift R12’000 each
- Two for industrial or institutional members, more than 100 km from Muldersdrift R20’000 each
- Two for student members, less than 100 km from Muldersdrift R6’500 each
- Two for student members, more than 100 km from Muldersdrift R14’500 each
We will provide on-site technical support in each conference room to facilitate a smooth course of oral presentations. We ask you to adhere to the following guidelines.
- A 20 minutes time slot is allocated for your presentation (approximately 15 minutes talk and 5 minutes discussion). Please, strictly observe the 20 minutes time limit.
- Please prepare your slides with an aspect ratio of 4:3 in the usual PowerPoint file formats .pptx, .ppxs, .ppt, .pps or as a PDF file.
- There are no standard slide templates for this conference. You are free to use your own style template. Use only standard TrueType fonts as otherwise legibility on the presentation computer cannot be guaranteed.
- The conference language is English. Please, use only English in your oral presentation and on all your slides
IFAC Young Author Award
The IPC of CCA2021 is pleased to invite nominations for the IFAC Young Author Award. The award is designed to stimulate the involvement of young scientists and engineers in IFAC, as well as to recognize top-level contributions of the younger generation in our field and to support their careers. To be eligible the age criterion is that the author must be a maximum of 30 years old at the time of the event.
The following conditions apply:
- No self-nominations are allowed. Nominations are typically made by supervisors or reviewers.
- An awards selection committee, appointed by the IPC chair, selects several finalists, based on the nomination letters, the review reports, and the papers. Finalists are informed before the event.
- The selection committee selects a winner out of the finalists, after having attended the presentation of the paper at the event.
For more information please see More Info
Please forward your nominations to the NOC chair:
Kevin Brooks email@example.com
All publication material submitted for presentation at an IFAC-sponsored meeting (Congress, Symposium, Conference, Workshop) must be original and hence cannot be already published, nor can it be under review elsewhere. The authors take responsibility for the material that has been submitted. IFAC-sponsored conferences will abide by the highest standard of ethical behavior in the review process as explained on the Elsevier webpage, and the authors will abide by the IFAC publication ethics guidelines.
Accepted papers that have been presented at an IFAC meeting will be published in the proceedings of the event using the open-access IFAC-PapersOnLine series hosted on ScienceDirect. To this end, the author(s) must confer the copyright to IFAC when they submit the final version of the paper through the paper submission process. The author(s) retain the right to use a copy of the paper for personal use, internal institutional use at the author(s)’ institution, or scholarly posting at an open web site operated by the author(s) or their institution, limited to non-commercial use. Any other use of the paper requires approval by IFAC.